Conference Room Use Policy
Purpose: The primary purpose of usage of the West Iron District Library Conference Room is for the furtherance of the library’s programs in serving the public interest. In addition to the Library Conference Room use, which at all times shall take precedence over all other uses, the Conference Room may be utilized for such function of a cultural, educational, or civic nature, and which are appropriately allied with the Library’s character and purpose, subject to the following regulations:
- The Library Conference Room shall not be available for the serving of any partisan or sectarian purposes, either political or religious.
- Users of the Library Conference Room shall not charge fines of any kind nor otherwise use the privilege for fundraising or personal gain. No charge shall be made by the Library Board for the use of the Library or Conference Room.
- The Library Conference Room may be reserved up to two months in advance but no less than one day prior to the desired meeting date. Reservations can be made by calling the Library or at the circulation desk.
- The Library Behavior Policy applies to all guests while using the Conference Room.
- Guests using the Conference Room shall leave it in a neat, clean, and orderly condition.
- The library staff will have the discretion to allow individuals or small groups the choice of using the Conference Room for private/quiet time as long as the area is not previously booked for that time period.
- Non-profit groups may book the Conference Room during library hours for a $25.00 fee. An additional $10.00 an hour fee will be changed during meetings outside of the library hours.