Library Access DUring COVID-19
Full access to West Iron District Library has been limited to the public as per Governor Whitmer's Executive Orders in hopes of stemming the spread of COVID-19. We are currently in Phase 3 of our Reopening Plan which includes curbside services as well as 30-minute in-person library appointments.
- Access to the library is now available using our Curbside Service or 30-minute appointments. See below for details.
- Returns can be made using the book drops 24 hours a day. Please only return DVDs to the Media slot on the Courtyard Book Drop.
- All returned items are collected and quarantined for 48 hours before reshelving.
- Library staff are following protocol for sanitation after each patron use.
- Masks are required by staff and patrons at all times.
- Available Monday-Friday
- Call (906) 265-2831 to place an order for materials between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm.
- Collect your order at the Courtyard Gate between 1:00 pm and 4:00 pm.
- Orders by phone can be picked up the same day. To place an online order, click here to browse our card catalog and place you holds. These orders can be picked up the following day.
- Patrons are limited to 5 items at a time while utilizing this service.
- Please wear a mask when you approach the gate to collect your items.
- Available Monday - Friday
- Call (906) 265-2831 to schedule your 30-minute library visit. We offer visits at the top of the hour from 9:00 am to 3:00 pm. Library staff use the second half of each hour to sanitized surfaces between each appointment.
- All patrons must wear a mask over their mouth and nose when visiting the library and must be mindful of their time limit.
- Please enter through the Genesee Street door.
- Returns can be placed in the book drops. DVDs and puzzles can be returned in a designated basket by the front door.
Thank you so much for your patience and support as we navigate these new, uncertain times!